August 7, 2006
HOWTO: Build Qterm on Mac OS X 10.4.7 (ppc)
QTerm is a BBS client in Linux, written in Qt.
Here's the steps to build it on Mac OS X 10.4.7.
1) Download QT source code from http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/mac.html
I used the tar ball for their ftp, qt-mac-free-3.3.6.tar.bz2.
2) In terminal, untar the file.
tar jxvf qt-mac-free-3.3.6.tar.bz2
3) Follow the steps of the INSTALL file in qt source.
REMEMBER to use "./configure -thread", it may takes several hours to build.
4) Create symbolic links
ln -sf $QTDIR/lib/libqt-mt.3.dylib /usr/lib
ln -sf $QTDIR/lib/libqui.1.dylib /usr/lib
5) Download qterm source code from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/qterm/qterm-0.4.0.tar.bz2
Untar, and patch the qterm subdirectory by this file.
The command is,
patch -p0 < patch
Overwrite the qterm.icns file with this one.
6) Go to the qterm subdirectory.
7) Try qterm.app/Contents/MacOS/qterm
If it works, you can move to directory to /Application.
If the directory doesn't have the qterm icon for preview, you select it and press cmd+i, select the small icon at top left, press delete. It should work now.
It should also works on Intel based Mac OS X, but I didn't verify it.
Let me know if you succeed or have any trouble.